Much sense the starkest madness. 'T is the majority.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Despite never having been a complete devotee of vintage fashion, I’ve been obsessed with collecting photos from 20s-50s magazine shoots (and of vintage clothes, etc) for about 2 years, and I love Jean Patchett.

And looking at this beautiful woman with her porcelain pixie face and tiny waist (which is even more evident in other photos of her) made me think of one of my favourite quotes.

"Humor keeps us alive. Humor and food. Don't forget food. You can go a week without laughing."
— Joss Whedon

I like to think that in this case Joss (the master of all things) was wrong and Patchett lived on humour. I don’t want to think that she’s that thin because she felt she had to be. I was about to say I’m ever the optimist, but that’s certainly not true...


There. I tied together two things I like. How d'you like them apples?


Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. Most (if not all) models in the 50s were that thin. Dovima is another good example.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete